I didn’t even know that was possible!
Remember when Lady Gaga invented the Super Bowl back in February?
Tom Pennington / Getty Images
Of course you do! She lit the halftime stage on fire with an epic, 13-minute solo performance.
Well today, Gaga and the Super Bowl halftime show team got some MAJOR Emmy love, earning a whopping SIX nominations.
Ronald Martinez / Getty Images
Most importantly, the halftime show was nominated for Outstanding Special Class Program, going up against the Tony Awards and the Oscars.
It was also nominated in the following categories:
- Outstanding Production Design for Variety, Nonfiction, Event, or Award Special
- Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety Series or Special
- Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Limited Series, Movie, or Special
- Outstanding Music Direction
Christopher Polk / Getty Images